Just think about all the things you now either access online or keep online in some type of cloud-based account. We put multiple assets behind passwords, challenge questions, and two-factor authentication prompts. For someone trying to unravel all that after we passed on or become incapacitated in some way, it would be mean some serious challenges.
The average email address is associated with 130 different online accounts.
Just think off the top of your head the types of digital footprint you have, and you may come up with things like:
- Social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn)
- Online and mobile banking
- Online shopping accounts (Amazon, Walmart, Target, Etsy)
- Streaming services (Netflix, Disney+, etc.)
- Master services accounts (Google, Microsoft, iCloud)
- Payment wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay)
- Online bill paying (Cable, electricity, water)
- Digital medical records
Once you start writing it all down, it becomes clear how important it is to come up with a digital inheritance plan for you and your family. Here we are going to review DGLegacy to get you started down the right path.
DGLegacy is a password management and asset protection digital inheritance service through which, in the case of an unforeseen event happening to you, people whom you designate as beneficiaries will be informed about your passwords and assets and will be able to identify and locate them, thus minimizing the chance of an unclaimed assets.
How It Works
- Catalog assets. Upload any relevant documents, and you can download a snapshot of your assets and assigned beneficiaries at any time you choose
- Designate beneficiaries & trustees. Add their basic contact information and assign to them the assets you choose
- Detecting if something happens to you. Custom-engineered Heartbeat protocol (recurring confirmation email, reminder emails, and phone call confirmation) verifies that you are okay
- Informing your loved ones. Your loved ones will get notified via email & phone notifications
- Support. A law company will engage with the beneficiaries to guide & help them in the process of claiming the assets you’ve assigned to them
- Unlimited assets, beneficiaries and trustees
- Unforeseen event detection: email and phone verification
- Unforeseen event: email and phone notification of beneficiaries
- Documents upload
- Download snapshots of assets data
- Continuous validation of the email addresses
- Full encryption of all data
DGLegacy with Digital Inheritance feature:
This product will include the standard features for managing passwords for active accounts. Its unique digital inheritance features set it apart from competitors and allow users to set preferences for how their accounts will be managed posthumously. This product will allow the user to delegate access by account, assign the actions a trusted contact can take on the user’s behalf, or take full ownership of the user’s account.
In the event of an emergency, the trusted contact would request access to the account and could then trigger a script that fires and executes the user’s commands, similar to a script that logs out a user of all active sessions. This prevents a user from having to disclose login credentials in order to have their personal accounts deleted.
DGLegacy has an excellent support team that can be reached anytime via live chat or support ticket system. In my experience, they proved themselves to be very helpful and quick to respond. They resolved every last problem that I had set up.
DGLegacy proudly claims themselves as one of the most cost-effective Document and Password Manager on the whole market. And to be fair, they do a pretty good job of keeping that claim factual.
The image below shows the starting prices for each type of plans at DGLegacy.
With all of this in mind, let’s get down to the big question: “Would we recommend it?”
And the answer to this is a resounding and absolute “YES”. DGLegacy is a value-oriented, transparent, and highly-reputable Document and Password Manager for any business or influencer trying to increase their brand visibility by using DGLegacy’s secure and trusted service.